For some, looking and staying beautiful means getting rid of that unwanted hair here and there. Waxing salons are now offering body waxing services for both women and men. Leg waxing, back waxing, facial waxing, whether it’s for her or waxing for him, they offer all hair removal solutions at the waxing salons.
A procedure that is popular for the beach-loving women out there is what they call the Brazilian wax. This procedure may be painful but considering the awesome results, it sure is worth the pain and trouble. But what is Brazilian Wax anyway?
What is Brazilian Wax?
What remains to be the most popular method of hair removal. The Brazilian wax was pioneered by the J Sisters sometime in late 80’s when they opened a waxing salon in Manhattan, New York. The idea was such a hit and gained such popularity thus associating Brazil with this pubic hair removing technique. It involves removing all the pubic hair, including the strands in your behind and the vagina lips, which makes it different from the traditional bikini wax. Aside from going fully bare, customers have the option to leave a “landing strip” or a triangle or even a heart shape on top.
Before you head out to any Brazilian wax salon, there are just a few things you need to do to prepare to make the experience more bearable.
- Having a period makes that area more sensitive. So, try not to make an appointment within three days before your period.
- Do not shave for at least two weeks before the procedure to grow a little bit of hair down there.
- If you must, trim your hair about a quarter to half of an inch so the better for the wax to adhere. The longer the hair, the more painful the procedure will be.
- Exfoliate the night before and have a warm bath before going to your appointment.
- You may take some painkillers prior to your appointment to make the experience less painful.
- Avoid putting on any moisturizer down there as that will keep the wax from working properly.
What to do after
Well, first congratulate yourself for a job well done. Your skin will be sensitive after the waxing procedure. Try not to touch your skin to prevent irritation and small pimples. But if you will follow these simple tips, soon enough the irritation will go away.
- Wear comfortable and plain underwear.
- Stay away from tanning beds or saunas for about two days.
- Keep that are clean with cool shower or bath.
- Avoid the gym for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Soothe the area with a cold
- Prevent ingrown hairs by not using bar soap.
- Use antibiotic ointment or hydrocortisone cream to prevent infection and reduce swelling and inflammation.
- You may exfoliate every day to get rid of dead skin cells and fight bumps and hair ingrown.
- Moisturizing daily will help ease the irritation.
Finally, it is recommended to avoid shaving and repeat the waxing procedure once a month instead. The experience gets less painful when you do this routinely and not wait until the hair grows back longer.